The Fool – 0
Key words associated with this card – Choice, crossroads, major decisions, naivety, innocence.
Key phrases – You are at the crossroads of your life. You have a major decision to make. What you decide now will change your destiny. Are you prepared for what might come ahead…?
When we talk about someone being a ‘fool’ we often mean that they are foolish and naive, even ‘stupid’. “Don’t be a fool…! ” we sometimes say to others and inwardly to ourselves….and yet…. take a closer look at the ‘Fool’. He is someone taking a leap into the unknown, someone who is beginning a new journey or a new phase in his life and all the while his eyes are turned upwards to the heavens (is he looking for spiritual guidance….?). He has a fresh outlook on life, an almost ‘childlike wonder’, he feels excitement and a sense of freedom at last…..now it is up to him to choose which way to go in his life ! The Fool is carefree and yet he also displays great future potential….who knows what may happen to him now….? He knows that he has taken a step along a new and exciting path – the exact certainty of which, he does not know….did he make the right choice….?
The Fool represents:
- the beginning of freedom and a desire to accomplish new goals
- potential, new beginnings, innocence
- situations in which anything can happen…opportunities are just waiting to be taken advantage of
- a change of job, new line of work, fresh ideas, creativity, promotion
- a new relationship or new perspective on an existing one
- being in charge of your own destiny…you have choices – therefore choose wisely and accept the full consequences of your actions
- keeping your faith and trusting your instincts
- believing in yourself and following your heart no matter how crazy or foolish your impulses may seem
- The Fool is the Cosmic ‘bungee jump’ into the future…you make a decision, you may hesitate for a moment…. then you plunge headlong into the future. What an exhilarating feeling that is once you take that important ‘leap of faith’ into the unknown…..!
Every day can be considered a journey. We start out optimistic that the day ahead will bring new insights, new roads, new adventures and fresh challenges. If we can always retain the ‘child-like’ qualities of the Fool, trusting, fearless, happy, innocent, having faith, feeling carefree even, we can get the best out of the day and the week ahead. If there are monumentous decisions that must be made this week, take your time to consider your choices wisely, but above all, don’t be afraid to ‘jump’ if you need to!
Try to start each day in this way and spend some quiet meditative ‘time out’ reflecting on how best you can use the attributes of this courageous wild spirit – the Fool.